Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Next Show: Summer Music!

I'm pretty mad at the world right now. How come nobody told me that The Breeders released a new album? On my birthday, no less??!!??
Well, now I know, and I'm glad I do. I've been listening to "Mountain Battles" all day.
Here's "Bang On", my favorite track from it:



"German Studies" is a close second:



Whenever I listen to the awesomeness of The Breeders I want to injure Frank Black for holding Kim Deal back. That's not to say I don't love Pixies...I just feel like Kim deserves her time in the spotlight.

Our next show will be RiGID's summer music edition. Like I said before, I'd really like to get some local up-and-coming all female or female fronted indie bands on the show. I'd like to prove that Riot Grrrl truly isn't dead. C'mon people, Baltimore just had a Ladyfest, I know you're out there!

peace,
laura.

No comments: